| Jen got sick off imported Swiss water. |
Here have been some highlights of my trip:
-Running 7.2 miles my first day here (with a little jet lag...I was feeling ambitious! And the low altitude didn't hurt either)
-Going to church at a small branch and meeting a mutual friend of one of my best friends in Utah.
-A magnificent pie party with quite the variety including: savory samosa pie, gluten/vegan free pie, classic apple pie, and the delicious triple-berry lattice pie that Jen and I made.
-Eating the best chicken sandwich ever (seriously. delicious.) at Early Girl Eatery
-Walking around downtown with Jon and Jen. Poor Jon has to put up with our constant movie quoting, singing, and inside joke-telling. No, no. He gets to put up with us.
-Deeming The Ultimate as in the winner in my book of the great debate between two local icecream shops.
-Finding an adorable owl wristlet at a local shop. There were so many cute owl trinkets to choose from.
-Going with Jen to her gym for a core strengthening class (still feeling that one this afternoon)
I love seeing my sister extremely happy and content with the place she lives. I love that she knows all the roads like the back of her hand & that she will travel & explore them with me. I love that she and Jon have visited many of the restaurants and shops so they can give great recommendations ... that my sister knows the history of a certain downtown building that has a man with a pig face etched in stone. But, feeling that passionate ... that's what home should be, don't you think?
| Jen and I enjoying black licorice taffy. |
Oh, in case you were wondering how I'm doing on my half marathon training, Jen is an excellent trainer :) I'm also officially registered for the race! It's real, folks.
You can see more of our adventures on Instagram (@cheripeacock or @jonnifer).
2 comments:
Which race did you sign up for, again? I forget.
She signed up for the cedar city half marathon in september. come cheer her on, she needs some fellow runners! :)
and cheri, i will correct your statement above since as of tonight, you have declared The Hop (my personal favorite) as the best ice cream in Asheville. Death by Chocolate FTW!
it has been fun having you here and sharing my new home. i definitely love it and it shows!
Post a Comment