| Kanarraville Falls hike yesterday -- also, this photo has nothing to do with this post :) |
As you might remember, a few months ago I was trying to figure out my summer plans. I had a few different options, even if the top two choices I had hoped for weren't options for me. I still had other options. I wondered what to do and where to live. Eventually the decision was made to stay in Cedar City.
It was scary. It was a new thing for me to not move home. To not visit home in 3+ months. To dive in to this small, quiet town.
And I've had a lot of adventures (like hiking Kanarraville Falls yesterday & making wonderful memories) and I can say this house is probably my favorite out of all the places I've lived. I've become even better...best friends with Amanda (and I'm so lucky to have her as my roommate this summer). So, that's great, right?
But why do I feel...frustrated? Anxious? Why do I panic sometimes about being here? Wonder if I made the right decision?
I was preparing a talk for church today and I came across a quote that went something along the lines of -- sometimes we make right decisions but at the wrong time. Anyway, all day, I've been trying to figure out a few things about the upcoming semester. Like graduating in December & moving home or going to grad school in the fall or ... so many choices.
Here I am again. Forced to make some decisions. And eventually I know I'll make a choice. I need to have confidence that I'm able to make good decisions for my life. And it's a little scary.
Rant. Over.
Also, check out Ben Rector. He's one of my favorite artists this summer. I especially love this song:
4 comments:
i have a similar problem with indecision, and i know that this won't help make your decisions but it is one of my favorite quotes to live by...especially when i start feeling that anxiety!
“Then indecision brings its own delays,And days are lost lamenting o'er lost days.Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute;What you can do, or dream you can, begin it; Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” -Goethe
you are fantastic cheri! i love reading your blog!
it will all work out. stop stressing out. just do what is right and Heavenly Father will let you know what to do. :)
Decisons....are officially the worst. But I have no doubt that you'll be able to make the right ones :)....sometimes when you have so much on your mind...it's hard to see how far you've already come. Though...I'm so glad you stayed the summer in Cedar most of all! You're going to rock this deciding thing :)
Thank you for the link to this song. Good.
Post a Comment