6.22.2012

cake batter pudding cookies

The name alone sounds like a party, right? And that's the perfect way to describe these little treats.

I needed to make cookies for a Relief Society activity & I cast aside the usual tendency I have to make something with chocolate in favor of a "more festive" summer treat.

I took the recipe from Chef-In-Training via Pinterest. They were a hit!

cake batter pudding cookies.
If you want to make them, here's the recipe:

1 1/2 sticks of butter (I used unsalted)
1/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix (I used sugar free)
3/4 c. yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
sprinkles (I used the nonpareil kind but I think the rainbow jimmies would be fantastic too!)

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
Cream butter & sugar together in a large bowl.
Add in pudding package and cake mix. Beat until blended.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Add flour mixture until well incorporated.
Mix in sprinkles. (There was not a given amount of sprinkles ... I just poured them in to my liking)
Roll into 1" balls and place on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

I love excuses to try new recipes!

1 comment:

kelly anne said...

mmm i need to make these...