3.22.2010

monday blues.

Ok, let me start off by saying each and everyday since my haircut, I've felt very cute. Sounds conceited, right? I'm not trying to be. I'm just being positively honest. I feel like a completely new me, with no more doubts about my long, thick hair weighing me down and having no shape. That Cheri is gone! :) And even when people have told me they were jealous of my long hair, I don't regret it. A "Cheri-Haircut" first!

Now, onto the title of this post. All the sudden, I realize the semester (and life) is weighing down on me! With little over a month left in the semester, I've lost much motivation for my classes. I know I need to kick that habit.

-10 issues left for the paper. Today I had an excellent talk with our advisor, who made me realize, even with all the stress, working for the newspaper does make me happy. While we were talking about all the options, I was excited to get to work. And when he told me he was "thrilled" about potential story ideas I had, I immediately wanted to get started and make him proud! Hopefully the final 10 issues will be the best yet. If only I knew what to do about next semester.
-English...such an uncontemporary English class. Podcasts, narrated slideshows, PDFs? I've loved not writing "papers" per se, but ... the podcast project is approaching deadline. And I feel so far behind.
-Housing. I love my roommates, and we've all seemed to finally figure out how to get along. But sometimes, I just need some quiet time (which is why I'm currently at the library). I've loved sharing a room, but am very excited about having my own next year!
-FHE. One word? Volleyball. I have never been good at it, and had no desire to play it tonight. But, wanting to have the team/ward spirit, I started to play. And, as it was my turn to serve (which I already knew I was horrible at), I hit the ball....which didn't go over the net. But at the exact same time, my bracelet broke apart, and all the beads flew across the floor. Gotta love getting involved.

Well, I need to get to some real work, so if you've made it to the end of this long blog post (I've tried to keep them short, but this one got out of hand), I have to say "thank you" to my amazing, beautiful sister-in-law (i hate the "in-law" part, she is my sister) for the kind post she wrote about me today. it made my day!

Another thing that made my day was thinking that The Blind Side comes out TOMORROW, and listening to my recently purchased Lady Antebellum CD. I haven't listened to country in quite some time, it was nice to go back to my roots :)

off to homework land.

bye!

No comments: