4.12.2009

happy easter!

**WARNING- pic overload!!**
I love Easter. I know that the commercial aspect shouldn't be a focus, but let's face it...I DO love that part of this holiday too. The Easter basket filled with yummy goodies that only come once a year, the tradition of a new "Easter dress" and the fun-filled activities like egg-dyeing, which I did not participate in this year. And, with Easter comes spring break. Glorious spring break...our break was Thurs, Fri, and we also get off tomorrow. So far I've...gone to work, read a book halfway for english, went to a baseball game, worked, participated in the MS walk with one of my besties, went shopping, and hung out with a cute guy (we watched Lord of the Rings 2). So, let me put a few pictures up here about that portion..

{me and a funny sign..why the teeter-totter?}

{kamilla looks just like the silly mannequin}


{kamilla and a dog, duh}

{we even got medals and yummy popsicles}

Later on...

I hung out with this boy:
{we went swinging after watching the movie}


{and then we sat in his car to listen to a great CD he made for me}


On to today...

{my cute basket of goodies from the Easter bunny including delicious cadbury eggs, a variety of jelly beans and other treats. Oh, and I woke up too late to do my hair. Haha}

{mom and I in our cute Easter outfits}



Finally...let me just say that I love this time of year for another reason too. Seminary has been amazing as we have talked all about the Atonement in the New Testament. And then with General Conference, I don't think Elder Holland could give a more appropriate talk when it comes to this time of year...if you haven't read it or can't remember it, I encourage you to do so when it comes out in the Ensign or online. But, this is a little video put together on Youtube with parts from his talk. Click
here to view it. It is seriously amazing! I am so grateful for the gospel and for the scriptures. And for seminary. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for me and that He has felt all my pains and weaknesses. I think that is such a great comfort.
Anyway, I know this post is pretty long and you might not have even made it to this point, but I hope you are having a wonderful Easter!


No comments: