9.20.2008

Bingo


Two of my friends and I have decided that for our NHS service hours, we would go help with Bingo at the local care center. Let me tell you..I never had so much fun playing bingo, or giving service! Kaylee, Logan, and I are the three that have gone so far. I wasn't sure if Logan would enjoy playing bingo with old people, but he has the most fun out of all of us. It makes me so happy just to see him having such a good time serving. So far, I've gone three times. Today I was the only one able to go, and I ended up staying while we played 21 (which is a really fun game).

Here are some things said at the care center:

"I won! Woo woo! All aboard!"- Carl (He is Logan's bingo buddy, but today I helped him.)

Carl laughs whenever he gets a number, and will always repeat what the announcer is saying. The first time we went, all the ladies at my table were mumbling, "I wish Carl would just hush up!" But today, helping him, I couldn't help but smile each time he chuckled in his deep, aged tone.

"Lucky for some and not for others, B 13"
"Double Nickels, G 55. G 55"
"Any way you look at it, O 69. O 69."
"One duck. B 2. Quack quack!"
"Two to the ducks. I 22. Quack quack!" (this one really gets Carl laughing).
"Two to the chicken legs. B 11"
-all said by the Bingo announcer. I don't know how he came up with all of those, but that's bingo language.

It's so fun, and I look forward to going again.

No comments: