8.10.2008

why women can (and will) do it better.

This weekend, I went to the fair with my mom. We had great fun walking through all the exhibits. And, we even got a little competitive in the contests. I participated in the Hershey Kiss contest. Objective? Eat 12 kisses as fast as you can. Oh, and let's put you in gloves that will make them harder to unwrap. I don't even like chocolate kisses, unless they have nuts. But, I ate them! And I came in second just barely. Here are some photos..




After the contests, we saw all the animals, and stopped by a steer auction. It was a lot of fun! And I'd never heard a live auctioneer before! You think I talk fast?? In the meantime, I'd convinced my mom she was going to do the pie-eating contest. I was signing her up. We made our way back over to the appropriate tent, and I signed my mom up. She would be going against 11 other adults, including 8 men. Let's just say my mom is very competitive. She killed the competition. Devoured that 9-inch coconut cream pie like it was a cookie. It was awesome. Everyone was amazed. Here are some funny pictures that don't even cover half the joy of the event.




Never think you can't do well because a guy is in the running too..girls can do it better!

1 comment:

Chrisanne Serafin said...

haha!
That sounds like so much fun