3.29.2008

a kid's heart

today I observed a little boy standing in the same aisle as me at Walmart. I noticed his love and enthusiasm for a simple two-pocket folder. He was probably eight or nine and loved the facts that it had dogs on it. He said, "Mom I want this one with the dogs!" and then he just held it next to his face and hugged it.

How I wish life could settle down and I could just relish in the good, simple things in life. I wish I found such excitement in everyday items that just don't mean as much. This little stranger taught me so much without saying anything at all. Cherish every thing; size doesn't matter. Just a pocket folder.

What is something you take for granted? I wish I had the childlike love when I purchased a pack of pens or a pair of nylons because my last ones snagged on the first wear. Or the CTR ring on my finger, my toothbrush..all these small things!

Take a minute to look around you and realize all you have.

No comments: