2.03.2014

Transfer 8...Bound to be GREAT!

Hello!

Best week ever. Okay, actually, we had a lot of lessons fall through
and as far as "numbers" report, it wasn't that successful of a week.
BUT, I love, love, love my new companion! AH! So happy.

Alright, so Sister Hales (yes, very close name to my first companion,
Sister Hale, who also became a sister training leader this transfer
and took Sister Hales' spot in Queens -- fun!) is mi nueva companera.
She is from Salt Lake City, like downtown/the Avenues area. She only
has two transfers left, so she will go home in April. We are so
stinkin' similar! She likes to sing, play guitar and piano, run, and
graduated in 2009. This is her 4th transfer as an STL so she is pretty
experienced in that area. I am already learning so much from her. And,
interestingly enough, when I saw her at our womens' conference last
transfer, I thought, "She is going to be my companion/I want to be her
companion." but I just thought it was a silly thought in my brain!
But, we have had so much fun together already this week and have some
great goals for the transfer. She is such a fun, bubbly person (I feel
like I'm companions with Hollie!) and we can already talk about
anything. She is a great example too and a great teacher so I feel
like I will learn a lot with her too! She is super fun and
enthusiastic. It's funny because people think I am sarcastic because
of my semi mono-tone voice and people think she is sarcastic because
she is so enthusiastic. Ha!

Anyway, the highlight of our week was the first exchange we had! So,
in the past, the STLs would have around 14 exchanges each
transfer...weeks would be pretty crazy with usually 3 exchanges each
week. But, with the addition of a third set of STLs (here in Little
Neck), we only have 9-10 exchanges, which is much more manageable. So,
we have the West STLs, who go on exchanges with Brooklyn sisters, then
we have the Little Neck STLs and we go on exchanges with Queens
sisters, and then the East STLs who go on exchanges with the island
sisters. It is kind of funny because we live on the island, but we
will be exchanging in the city. So, it will be fun to see what that
missionary life is like .. of which I have no clue!

But, our first exchange was with Jamaica Queens sisters. It was so
interesting to se how we felt the spirit to know who should go with
who and when the exchange should be (when we were planning it out).
Well, I had felt strongly that I should stay here with the sister from
Jamaica. So, we start the exchange and within minutes, she was opening
up to me and confiding in me. I felt several confirmations and
promptings of what I needed to say and what would help her. It was a
neat experience! And amazing how much LOVE I feel for them just the
minute we were together. I know I will learn so much this transfer,
and I am grateful for this opportunity to help the sisters in this
missionary work.

So, no news with our investigators but we are still working with the
two women, preparing them for the temple. Super excited for that in a
few weeks. Plus, there is a new video!

Anyway, the work is great and I can just tell and believe we will see
miracles this transfer.

OH! And one other thing, last Monday I ate balut with a Filipino
family. Do you know what balut is? It is boiled duck fetus. Yep! Now I
can say I have eaten something weird :)

Love you!

Sister Peacock

PS. Sister Acosta took Sister Hale's spot in Jamaica and Sister Price
took Sister Acosta's spot in Riverhead. So funny how they all sort of
switched around.

Photos: the 6 STLs for the mission; me and Sister Hales with unplanned
matching and the street sweep pic from our exchange




No comments: