Hola mi familia!
Today has been a challenging week. We've had to fight to have lessons,
as many people have been busy and unavailable, or just sick. But, we
did have a good day on Saturday and we had two awesome members share
their afternoon with us to help us out. In our small branch, their
service means everything!
Funny story... I went on an exchange this week and we ate a members
house. She is from Giana (no, not Ghana... I have never heard of that
country). And she made us shrimp. Spicy shrimp. It was super good...
It also still had legs on it. I didn't know how to take them off...so
I just ate it. Yeah, it was crunchy.
Yesterday, a little 5-year-old boy named Eli told his dad, "I'm going
to marry Sister Peacock."
We helped at the senior center this week with their thanksgiving lunch
and it was a blast. I can't believe I started going there in May!
There are definitely friendships with the seniors and the staff. They
are so grateful for our help and almost everyone thinks we're in high
school. Ha. We brought the elders with us too -- I love working with
Elder Read and Elder Pincock. They have been giving me a hard time
this week because I am getting really excited about Christmas. I never
realized how many Christmas movies I had seen until they hadn't seen
nearly any of them. And every time we drive by something with
Christmas lights, I just squeal with excitement. It's so beautiful!
We also had our mega zone conference on Friday, where I felt so
edified. I love seeing the other missionaries and being inspired by
our mission president and his wife. It is empowering to be around
other missionaries. I will attach a picture...this is only about 1/3
of our mission. We have near 300 missionaries now. The work is
exploding!
I also came to the realization on Friday that in 6 weeks, I will be
halfway done with my mission. It is funny because, at times, it has
seemed to go slower, but this transfer has flown by. And now with
Christmas approaching, I think the new year will be here before we
know it & then hello to halfway! Crazy.
We made friends awhile back with this nice, older woman at the library
named Virginia. We always tell her we can rake her leaves or provide
any service she needs. Last time we went, she asked if we could rake
her friend's leaves. We invited the elders and spent about two hours
raking and bagging the leaves for Wanita. We had an appointment but
the elders finished bagging them for us. Service really does make you
feel great! And Wanita was thankful. Plus it was fun. A man pulled
over and said, "I think you all make the best dressed landscapers I've
ever seen." We were in our skirts and the elders in their suits. :)
Oh and of course...happy thanksgiving this week! I am definitely
grateful for all of you...and for the millions of other blessings I
have. How lucky we are! How incredibly lucky.
I would write more but. .. We are in Jamaica today, visiting three of
our missionaries who are serving here now. I am sitting next to sister
hale :) it is nice to be reunited! Ah! I've missed her!
Ok. Love you all!
Sister Peacock
.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment