7.19.2011

summertime.

As I was laying outside this afternoon at the neighborhood pool, I heard these two boys quarreling. One boy says to the other:
"I don't want to be out here. I want to go play my Gameboy."

They got in a little argument about one wanting to swim/one wanting to be inside. My thoughts?

Hey, kids? Play outside. Enjoy the summertime. Don't waste away the summer days on a Gameboy. Now, I realize I'm writing this as I am, very well, sitting inside. BUT, I have been outside prior to this blog post for almost three hours.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the summertime and kids enjoying the SUNSHINE. What are your thoughts? Do you want your kids to play outside? Or...sit inside on a Gameboy? Just sayin'..

2 comments:

Craig and MJ Parker said...

Ah, you make me feel bad. I've been cooping my daughter up inside. I love the sunshine but 90 degrees, humidity, and 5 months preg doesn't sound appealing. Sitting by the air conditioner does

Jenessa said...

Yeah pretty much. haha Growing up I always wanted video games and stuff, but now I SO see the benefits of not letting kids have them! The way society (and even, yes, the way I am) is today makes me not want to have a computer, TV, or gameboys for them, and lock them out of the house for a few hours each day. I think it'd be good for them. :)