Yesterday I was driving home from a fantastic day in Ogden. My initial reason to go into Ogden was to get my "real" license plates, since I had picked up the temp. plates the day before. That's right, two whole days I was able to drive. Anyway, it was such a nice day, so I decided to drive around a bit, read on the temple grounds, enjoy the warm weather + Lucy.
Then, my date (Adam) called and said he'd be up around 7:30. "Excellent!" I thought, "That gives me time to get home, shower, and get lookin' hot before he comes!" At this point, I had what I call "swimming-chlorine-helmet-hair" and it'd been 7+ hours since I'd applied any makeup.
Ok, back to the story. I'm driving home, and I get about 3 blocks from the house. I thought, "Hmm...maybe I should turn left?" But then I said back to myself, "That's dumb, I'll have to go through more lights. I'll just go straight." So, I patiently waited for the light to turn green. When it did, the truck in front of me proceeded to turn left, and then I continued on my way straight through the intersection. Upon exiting the intersection, I see a white coupe exiting the ever-so-popular (and featured on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives) Burger Bar. I thought (again to myself), "Um...that car is not stopping."
Then, 2 seconds after that, I realized I was going to be involved in a car wreck, and sure enough, the car proceeded to turn left (facing south, turning left to face west and I was going east) & hit Lucy and I. I don't remember the moment after impact, but I do remember thinking, "I'm so glad I have a helmet on" (which I picked up the day before). I was on the ground, having been thrown off the bike. I jumped up, and there was a crowd of people who rushed to help me (including an off-duty paramedic and fire fighter). Luckily, it's a really popular restaurant, so there were plenty of witnesses who saw exactly what happened and that it wasn't my fault.
Anyway, the next little bit was a lot of answering questions and letting them know I was ok. I really felt fine, just a little sore. Today I feel more sore, especially my neck and lower back. But, I'm okay! I'm alive. And Lucy will...hopefully be fine after a bit of plastic surgery :)
It was definitely not something I'd want to go through again, but hey, how many people can say they got hit by a car while on a motorcycle/scooter and could walk away with a scrape? I'm lucky...definitely felt blessed yesterday!
And, my date still came and ended up meeting me at the hospital! :) Here's a funny picture we took in the room, the most damage I received, and Lucy's damage:
1 comment:
SCARY!!! Glad you're ok...That's so amazing that you were barely injured. Though, your arm must sting :p
Post a Comment