Hey everybody! I'm really in desperate need of some opinions! I'm checking out housing, and I've found an adorable house, but I've also come across an apartment complex. The thing is...I don't know what to go for! They are both the same in price, but I can't decide what I would want to live in for my first year of college.
I made a list of pros and cons, which came out EQUAL. I don't know what to do!! What do you all suggest? The house has 4 girls, is really homey, etc...I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both.
Anyway, I'm seeking your opinion. Please comment! :) Thanks!
-Cheri
p.s. both have an awesome bonus: free laundry!
5 comments:
I know you will make the right decision, but are the apartments just girl dorms? I think a house would be a little more fun with a little more room than the apartments. I guess I would need more info to decide. Which one is newer? I know that sounds funny, but then you don't have to wonder about problems with plumbing, electricity, etc.
House! the end! ps what school are you going to? I don;t think I ever found out!
No, the dorms are WAY more expensive (ridiculously priced, plus a meal plan). The houses I'm looking at are actually pretty old I think. But I'm pretty sure they are in good condition, they are used every year. Good thought though, Shanna! Oh, and Ceci i'm nearly 100% certain I'm going to SUU. I haven't heard back from BYU yet, but....SUU offered me a full ride/4 years. How can I complain with that? Plus I love it there!
I have lived in both a house and an apartment during college. I preferred apartment complexes because I think you instantly get to know more people. Students (girls & guys) will be walking by constantly en route to other apartments and I met a lot of my friends just from people walking by. It's a lot harder to have "drop ins" with a house. I would say an apartment your first 2 years and then a house the last 2 after you're more established.
I'm thinking about this same thing for next year! I'll let you know some of the things I loved about being in the apartment complex this year...and it's mostly for the social life. You'll be more secluded in the house and more involved in the apartment I promise. The house however would be roomier, which is something an apartment can't provide. I really think you should go with the apartment though. I don't think I would have survived my first year in a house...you need the parties! haha good luck with the decision though! I know that whichever one you go with, you'll have the time of your life!
Post a Comment