12.16.2007

Pink-eye, Grover Cleveland, and Newtons Law

Today has been crazy! I woke up with a lovely case of pink-eye. Mom was able to pick up prescription for it. Hopefully it goes away soon! Unfortunately, I have my big christmas choir concert tomorrow, so I hope my eye is not as puffy and red tomorrow night. It's been quite the adventure wearing my glasses and not putting on eyeshadow, eyeliner, or mascara. Certainly decreased the time it took to get ready. But the eyedrops that the doctor prescribed seem to be working. They have some side effects though- burning/stinging (check), headache (check), and brow-ache (as weird as that sounds, I've experienced it this afternoon). Ugh. I love getting pink-eye right before Christmas vacation. Good timing conjunctivitis.

The "Grover Cleveland" in my post came from me doing my history terms. I had about 40 that are due tomorrow. Luckily I started them last night, but I still worked for aboue 1.5 hours today to finish up. I learned all about the "forgettable presidents" :Grant, Hayes, Cleveland, Garfield, Arthur...I might be forgetting someone, but I guess that's okay since they didn't really do much importance. I was kind of confused at what I was reading about, but my teacher does a great job at covering everything.

Lastly, Newtons Law- that was my math homework. I had a few problems that I didn't finish up in Calc. Lab, and I just love it when we have problems that my teacher didn't go over at all- like Percent Error. Hmm..yeah, not ringing a bell. Anyway, I finished that up, wrote in my journal, and decided to write a new post.

Any other exciting news? I went on two dates this weekend- I don't know what it is. I have dating famines, then a sudden surplus of boys asking me out. Well, not really. But in the last ten days, I've been on three dates, which is pretty good for high school boys (who never date, but merely "hang out"). The first date I went to a restaurant. Friday night I went to see Alvin and The Chipmunks, which was actually pretty funny. And Saturday night, I walked around Temple Square. It was beautiful, but very cold!! I'll post pics. of Sat. night of the temple.

adios!

No comments: