Just kidding. I'm staying in Plainview YSA for my final transfer! Woo!
But it's that time yet again -- transfers! We find out tomorrow who my
new companion will be & Sis M leaves Wednesday :'( SO sad to say
goodbye to her! But, we will be forever friends! Yay for mission
blessings of all sorts. Anyway, it's been a crazy week, getting things
ready for her to go home & her departing temple trip, etc.
On Tuesday, I had an exchange with my dear Sister Acosta because her
comp is also going home so her comp and mine went to the temple trip
together. It was so fun to be with Sister Acosta in her new area and
to see how much she has spiritually grown in the past YEAR since I
trained her (Sidenote: I can't believe it's been a year. What the
heck?). But, she is an amazing missionary and I"m so excited for her
because she is going to be training! Woo! In mission terms, I will
have a "grandchild." :) We taught a few lessons together and enjoyed
the chance to work together for a day.
We had a lesson planned Wednesday with a less active. We had invited a
guy who was in town for a week to be the member present. Well, God had
a different plan and as it turned out, we were supposed to teach the
guy we invited to teach with us. So, the less active couldn't show up
to the church until later, so we thought ..."Ok, let's just teach T
instead." And then a member from the YSA branch who was coming to
volleyball just walked into the room, sat down, and started teaching
with us .. it was a miracle! Super cool. T started crying during the
lesson as we talked about repentance and forgiveness. Man, I just felt
super strongly during that lesson that God loved him and wanted him to
receive forgiveness and move on with his life and not hang on the past
mistakes. That's what he wants for each one of us -- receive that
immediate forgiveness, and forgive ourselves, and let the healing
power of the Atonement help us. It was such a strong lesson. And it
was cool because T flew back to Utah that night so it all worked out
perfectly that we had the prompting to ask him to come with us. God
works in a lot of ways to bring about his purposes, right?
We also had a lesson with Kevin again, who we haven't been able to see
for a few weeks because of his crazy work schedule. He is our
investigator who told us he was going to a different church that is
closer to his house ... and has a rock band. But, we read 3 Nephi 27
with him and he stopped us and said, "Wait, so if it's in the name of
Moses, it's Moses' church? So if it's in the name of man, it's his
church?" And we were able to teach why it's important that it's the
Church of Jesus Christ and that it is built on HIS gospel. Kevin is
awesome.
It's been a crazy week -- I can hardly believe a new transfer starts
today. Tonight we have a talent show for FHE and Sis Montgomery and I
arranged a primary song to sing (it's on FB) which should be a lot of
fun. I just want you all to know that I know this church is true. I am
definitely seeing the blessings of being on a mission -- it is hard,
but it is so worth it. My testimony has gotten so much stronger and I
am grateful to share it with others.
I love you!
As always, some photos from the week!
I am not sure if the captions ever work so I will put them all here
so you can read them for sure!
1. New York is known for bagels so we decided to go try it out for
ourselves at a local bagel place. I had a french toast bagel with
cinnamon raisin cream cheese. DELICIOUS! :)
2. A girl in the YSA is getting married so Sister Owens asked us to
help decorate cupcakes for her bridal shower... as you can imagine, I
was so down! I had a lot of fun frosting them and writing the labels.
3 & 4. The last two are with Zach ,our amazing branch mission leader.
He helps us out so much! Sis M and I bought matching shirts last week.
It's been funny to see the reactions.




No comments:
Post a Comment